Mid Cycle Refresh of Subaru’s Classic Forester brings some nice upgrades to this award winning small SUV
The Industry’s Most Awarded Small SUV was redesigned in 2014; Time for a mid cycle refresh. That means they’re not redesining it, they are just making some nice changes and upgrades to systems, options and trim. The Forester was introduced in 1998, In March of 2013 we started selling the latest version.. the 2014 Forester. They smoothed out the ride, Made it quieter, gave it even more visibility and added lost of luxury touches to the higher trim levels. Today Subaru announce the changes for the 2017 model year. I list some of them for you here. Watch this blog to see news about what is 2017 Foresters are coming to the Fresno Subaru store and when they will arrive.
New for the 2017 Subaru Forester
- A rejuvenated exterior with a new hexagonal grille, and a new front fascia (except Turbo models)
- New‐design halogen headlights and energy‐saving LED tail lights
- A quieter cabin made possible by additional sound deadening materials, refinements to the
lineartronic CVT, sound absorbing windshield glass, and thickened glass on the doors and side of the vehicle
- Improved fuel economy (estimated 26 City and 32 HIghway and 29 Combined) with enhanced engine control for smoother and more linear acceleration, and stepped shifting logic applied to the lineartronic CVT for enhanced driving feel
- A revised suspension with new springs and dampers that enhance ride quality, rear suspension
alignment has been revised to enhance straight line stability, and a strengthened front crossmember for quicker steering response.
- Popular options from last year’s Subaru Legacy and Outback – the blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert will be available. Some trim levels will have Eyesight with Lane Keep Assist and Steering Responsive Fog lights, two-position memory driver’s seat and – a Subaru first – heated steering wheel!
- Premium trim and above get newly designed 17″ alloy wheels. Touring models will have a new color option – Sepia Bronze.
- All Touring models now include standard Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. On the outside, Touring models receive the new steering responsive LED headlights with integrated LED Daytime Running Lights.
These are just some of the changes on 2017 Forester. No doubt there will be more information to come and some of this info may be modified. I will keep you update with information about the new Forster as well as what we have coming in and when the new Foresters will arrive in Fresno.