The Back Wall
Car dealerships get cars in every condition as trade-ins. Sometimes as in the case of the Subaru Dealership I work at in Fresno, we buy lease returns from Subaru only auctions. Regardless of how we get them, they all get parked on The Back Wall. From there, they go through our shop for mechanical checks, smog and safety. If they pass those inspections, they will go to the detail shop and eventually make it to the front line on Blackstone Avenue with the bright price stickers on the windshield and catchy phrases like “affordable”, “Great Value”, “Family Car” or “Certified”. So far I have not seen this dealership us the “Cream Puff” sticker.
What will you get by checking The Back Wall?
- See cars traded in that day or very recently
- See cars before they get advertised
- See cars in their original condition (the way they were lived in before meeting the detailers)
What should you know about cars on The Back Wall?
- They may never make it up to the front of the store – we may not be able to sell them
- They may have issues that – if you can deal with them – will help you get an otherwise nice used car at a very low price
- By California Law, you can’t drive one of these cars until they’ve passed inspections.
So, with my help, maybe you’ll find the next car for your family or the first car for one of you teenagers, here on the back wall and you and I will follow it together from the time it comes in until it is cleaned up, reconditioned and in your driveway.